duminică, 30 ianuarie 2011

Well, I'm Going to Ghana

I've actually known since the second week on the new job that I'm going to Ghana for work. After scheduling my yellow fever shot (ummm, yikes?) for Friday, it occurs to me that I'm leaving in four weeks and all I have to wear are a couple of wrap skirts that I bought last year.

I was told to bring one suitcase just for fabric. Something like six yards of cotton batik prints for $2. Don't have to tell me twice....

So, here's what I'm going to make for Ghana. Hopefully in the next month (I've got some busy weekends). The city shorts from July 2007 BWOF in left over green and white seersucker from the Threads maxi dress. It's going to be too hot for long pants and I need to keep my knees covered-ish.


I'm feeling inspired by Carolyn. She posted recently about how she used to make two skirts and a top in a weekend. So, I think a couple of skirts are doable before August. From a cotton pink and khaki plaid one of these skirts below. The first is an August 2005 BWOF that Leslie in Austin traced and mailed to me. The second is from the June 2007 BWOF.

























I'd love to do both but (gasp) I don't have fabric for both of them. Of course, if I went through my two stuffed bins of fabric I might find something.

And, let's not forget that tomorrow starts the 50% off notions wall at Joann's. I've already written my list....

So, just in case I don't get any of this done and I'm all talk, we'll remember the saying, "The best laid plans of mice and men often go awry."